Four years and 500 (+) posts later, Food Gypsy has a life of it’s own.
Joining forces to present a united gastronomic front, Corinna Horton, the creative voice behind Food Gypsy, and fiance Chef Benoit Gelinotte, stepped out to showcase their own take(s) on creative cuisine. Late in 2013 and in January 2014, they appeared on Ottawa’s CTV Morning Live talking about party food to ring in the new year and wedding food trends.
Guesting as time allows, Corinna often appears on local television talking great food and BIG flavour.
The little burger that could…
A Food Gypsy original, winner of Taste of Home Canada’s Burger-Off in their premier issue (June 2013); The Lamburghini tastes every bit as good and it sounds. This win qualified Corinna (and team) to compete at the World Food Championships (WFC) in Las Vegas, November 7 – 9th, 2013.
In Vegas Team Food Gypsy placed 5th overall in the World Burger Championships and became a featured competitor in the WFC television series which aired on FYI TV (USA & Canada) earlier this year. Here’s a little taste of Corinna’s “Amazin’ Asian Burger’ at the World Food Championships with host Jeffery Saad.
Getting ready for the World Food Championships, Corinna appeared as a guest on Daytime Ottawa and CTV’s Ottawa Morning Live. Coverage of Team Food Gypsy’s burger success was included, along with other Ottawa competitors, the Pistol Packin’ Piggies in Ron Eade’s Omnivore Ottawa in the Ottawa Citizen on line.
More Food Gypsy Press:
- Part of a groundswell of Canadian food bloggers touting amazing Canadian product, watch for Corinna’s recipe as part of The Great Canadian Cookbook with Food Network Canada later this month.
- Corinna Horton appears as a featured blogger on Natalie MacLean’s Nat Decants, where you can find several of her wine reviews.
- Despite the fact that she is often seen in chef’s jackets and checkered pants, Corinna took and opportunity early in 2014 to do a guest blog on Ottawa’s Bernardi Beauty Blog, on the subject of Aging with Grace. Counting down to her 50th birthday, she shared thoughts on beauty, both inside and out.
- A regular Gastorposter, Corinna’s Food Gypsy photos frequently appear in the pages of The National Post. Recent photos include: Gastopost’s Cupcake vs. Macaron Battle. A tribute to all things green for spring, Keen on Green and for Gastropost’s Assignment Asparagus, our Grilled Vegetable Pasta with Bocconcini & Balsamic Reduction. In the summer heat we Hit Refreshment with our memories of melting childhood creamsicles and the Lemon Blood Orange Float (with half the fat and sugar… it may or may not contain vodka). For Mex to the Max our Mexican Blackened Chicken with Jalapeno Black Beans & Rice and Caramelized Pineapple Salsa and pulling in a win for Team Wine in the Wine Vs. Beer Challenge a little tribute to The Bard and a marvelous Californian, Troublemaker, while Corinna’s love of honey was showcased in the battle of nature’s sweets: Maple vs. Honey.
- Syndicated and featured posts on BlogHer Food include: Stirring The Pot: Are You Cut Out for the Professional Kitchen, The Girl with the Bacon Tattoo , Spicy Mulled Port – Mulled Wine’s Kick-Ass Big Brother, Chef Stefan Matz – The Renaissance of Irish Cuisine and Corinna’s moving tribute to her much loved dog, Magnus The Great, in Lessons in Greatness.