Chocolate Pomegranate Bark with Pistachios and Petals
A sweet, sensational treat in a big hurry, Chocolate Pomegranate Bark with Pistachios and Petals is a show stoppingly simple addition to your party snack offerings or, box it and give it as a gift to your favorite hostess!
I hate dieting. Honestly, I’ve spent too much of my life snacking on celery and consuming consume, trust me. So when I launch into a new healthy eating routine I know to stay on track I need things that make me feel like I’m not deprived, and one of those is treats! Borrowing from Middle Eastern Cuisine, Chocolate Pomegranate Bark with Pistachios and Petals is sweet, but still healthy. Pomegranates themselves have amazing health benefits, combine them with good chocolate and – wow.
Chocolate is one of nature’s most chemically perfect foods, so as a sweet treat, it’s a good one. Combined with juicy, explode in your mouth pomegranate flavour you get sweet, sour, bitter and creamy in every burst-in-your-mouth, juicy bite.
The petals used are dried Moroccan Roses. Delicate and tiny, you can find them at your local middle eastern food purveyor, but please note they’re optional. They add a light, floral taste and fragrance to the chocolate bark, but frankly you could make this with anything. Zest a couple of oranges, chop up leftover candy or chocolates, add peanuts or pretzels.
As easy as melting chocolate! A marvelous indulgence and late winter snack, bursting with sour pomegranate taste against dark chocolate and the fatty bite of pistachio; a tasty addition to your holiday party table.
- 300 grams (10 oz) good quality dark chocolate (60% cocoa or higher), chopped lightly
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds
- ⅓ cup pistachios, chopped
- sprinkling of dried Moroccan rose buds (optional)
- Line a clean, dry baking sheet with parchment paper. Add chocolate to a makeshift double boiler, using a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Melt until about half the chocolate begins to look soft and slick, then remove from heat and stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Quickly spread the chocolate onto the baking sheet with a spatula, in a layer about a ⅓-inch thick. Sprinkle liberally with with pomegranate seeds, pistachio pieces, and very lightly with petals. Cool to room temperature then tuck it into the freezer for about an hour, then break up into serving-size pieces